Retirement Apartments in Deal
This retirement development of 41 apartments is located in the bustling seaside town of Deal which was recently listed in the Sunday Times Best Places to Live in the UK 2021. The town centre shopping facilities are within half a mile of the development, where you will find several restaurants and cafés, various national retailers, a library, a Post Office and a traditional market every Saturday. With its unspoilt seafront, award-winning high street and wealth of history, Goodwin Lodge is the perfect place to enjoy your retirement.
Due to popular demand Beatrice Lodge is now ALL RESERVED – Click here to check out our other properties in Kent!
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. All of our Lodges benefit from a comprehensive 10-year Building Warranty Guarantee.
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Fitted kitchen with built in oven, hob and fridge/freezer
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Secure camera entry system
- Separate cloakrooms in selected apartments
- Walk-in wardrobe in main bedroom
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from a 3 bed house to a 2 bed apartment could save approximately £1,300* per year.
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Based on ‘Sizing up the Situation’ report (Housing LIN, 2014) and Millstream Service Charge data.
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Millstream Management Services
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Desirable seaside retirement town
Deal is located on the English Channel, neighbouring Sandwich and Walmer. The former fishing, mining and garrison town is now a popular area to retire to, with quaint houses and streets. It was also voted by the Sunday Times as one of the Best Places to Live in the UK.
- This bustling seaside town offers all the amenities you would need within close proximity. The development is situated just a couple of roads away from the seafront, while the main high street is within half a mile.
- There are several restaurants and cafes, while Deal Pier offers views to France on a clear day. Various national retailers, the library and the post office can all be found in Deal town centre, while there is also a Sainsbury’s and an Aldi near to the train station.
- Deal Castle, built by Henry VIII in the 16th Century, is close by and offers a fantastic opportunity for a day out with family. The town has everything you need to enjoy your retirement at the pace you want.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Goodwin Lodge
- Post Office
- Doctors Surgery
- Deal Pier
- Convenience Store
- Garden Centre
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
People at Churchill Retirement Living’s Goodwin Lodge development in Deal came together this week to plant a tree in celebration of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.