Retirement properties in Gravesend
We are delighted to announce that we have acquired planning permission for 75 retirement apartments in Gravesend which is perfectly located for the local shopping amenities. A Fantastic location within a 0.2 mile walk to the centre of the high street which offers a whole host of retail and leisure amenities.
The maritime town of Gravesend is the perfect place to spend your retirement, with the surrounding area offering everything from riverside, countryside, historic villages, picturesque parishes and plenty of shopping and leisure facilities for you to enjoy… All this and it’s only 24 minutes from London.
Register your details with us today and receive updates for this retirement development.
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 0.2 mile walk to high street
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Fitted kitchen with built in oven, hob and fridge/freezer
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped garden
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Walk-in wardrobe in main bedroom
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
A maritime town full of character
The maritime town of Gravesend has all you need to enjoy your retirement to the full. The borough of Gravesham has the riverside, countryside, historic villages, picturesque parishes and a full calendar of events for you to enjoy. All this and it’s only 24 minutes from London and has great links from Ebbsfleet to Europe.
- The high street offers a full range of retail and leisure amenities.
- Next to the site is Gravesham Council’s Civic Centre/Community Square, a popular pedestrianised area for community events.
- The site is well served by public transport with Gravesend Train Station less than 200 metres of the site. The station runs regular local services every 30 minutes and, more notably, a 22 minute service to central London.
- Thames sailing barges, paddle steamers and yachts sail from the Gravesend Town Pier Pontoon.
- Another must-see is Gravesend’s Cold War Bunker, where a domestic fallout room, radiation monitoring post and public information film superbly evoke a clandestine, underground 1950s England, fearful of a nuclear attack.
- Gravesend is also rich in links to one of England’s greatest Victorian authors. Hunt out the compelling Charles Dickens connections, Chalk, Shorne, and Higham Marshes.
- Take a peek at Gad’s Hill Place, where Dickens wrote Great Expectations and The Mystery of Edwin Drood. Now a private school, it’s open on selected days and pre-booked tours.
- Nearby, the ancient forests of Shorne Woods Country Park boast orienteering and electronic treasure hunt trails.
- Just a stone’s throw away from Gravesend you can enjoy superb shopping at Bluewater, billed as Europe’s largest, most innovative shopping centre. Its vital statistics are impressive: 28 million visitors annually, 330 brands, 50 restaurants and bars and 13,000 free parking spaces.
- The western area of Kent is well connected too: Gravesend railway station has services to take visitors to and from Stratford International in 12 minutes and Central London in 24 minutes. Eurostar trains from nearby Ebbsfleet International Station reach Paris in just over two hours and Brussels in one and a half hours.
- Windmill Lodge
- Bluewater Shopping Centre
- Gads Hill Place, Gravesend Rd, Higham, Rochester ME3 7PA
- Cobham Hall
- Shorne Woods County Park
- Gravesend Riverside Cruises
- Chantry Heritage Centre
- Town Pier
- Cascades Leisure Centre
- Meopham Valley Vineyard
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Churchill Retirement Living has launched a competition for local people to name its new development which will soon see the regeneration of the former police station site on Windmill Street.
More properties in Kent and nearby
1 Bedroom Apartment from £324,950
2 Bedroom Apartment from £399,950
Show Complex Now Open
Town Centre Location
OVER 75% SOLD
Boutique Style Development
Peace of Mind With Security Built In
Show Complex Now Open
Prices from £274,950
Last Chance to Buy – Final Two Remaining
Prices from £350,000
Prices from £399,950
Prices from £284,950
Prices from £324,950