Retirement Homes in Kings Heath
Churchill are delighted to have launched 52 new one and two bedroom retirement apartments in King’s Heath, Birmingham.
Highbury Lodge is located just 4 miles from Birmingham City Centre meaning you are never far away from a selection of independent and national retailers while also being close to two parks. Did you know Kings Heath is famous for the setting of the popular ATV series Gardening Today?
Our Show Complex is now open call us on 0121 403 0016 to book an appointment to view!
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Fitted kitchen with built in appliances
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped garden
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Secure camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Retire to King’s Heath
King’s Heath is a suburb of South Birmingham located just 4 miles from the city centre. The local community still refers to Kings Heath as a “village” even though it has been part of Birmingham for over a century.
- King’s Heath town centre is just a 3 minute. flat, walk away from the proposed development. The High street has an attractive public square which is used as a venue for a monthly farmers’ market and other events.
- A number of independent shops can be found on the side roads off the High Street, leading to an influx of boutiques and the start of an organic café culture.
- Opposite the proposed development is a Lidl supermarket and you will find a branch of Wilko, just around the corner, on the High Street. There is also a large ASDA and Sainsbury’s less than a 5-minute flat walk from the proposed development.
- The nearby All Saints Centre offers a hub of enjoyment to future owners as it is not only home to the Birmingham Clarion Singers and Farmers Market but also offers activities including fitness and Zumba, Meditation, the Village Square Gardening Club, a Café and live music.
- Shoppers of all kinds are well catered for with a vast variety of branded and independent retailers including W H Smith, Clarks, Burton, Peacocks and Dorothy Perkins together with an array of convenience, card, gift shops and an antique and curios shop.
- King’s Heath is serviced by National Express West Midlands bus routes to Birmingham city centre, Druids Heath, Solihull and more
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Highbury Lodge
- Post Office
- Medical Centre
- Farmers Market
- Community Centre
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Apartment 14 – £262,950
A one bedroom east facing apartment on the ground floor, overlooking gardens and including a fitted wardrobe and a patio to enjoy, that could be yours sooner than you think!
We can help you Move for Free or why not ask about our Home Exchange package?
– Contact us to find out more.
Move for Free* or up to £12,000 Cashback* in conjunction with Home Exchange - The choice is yours
Many Owners have taken advantage of once of these fantastic offers which is why we are brining our 'Choices' promotion back! Pop in for a coffee and a chat and we can talk through your options and find out what's important to you!
More properties in West Midlands and nearby
Low Maintenance Lifestyle
LAST ONE REMAINING!
Low Maintenance LIfestyle