Retirement Homes in Shirley
Bower Lodge contains 48 one and two bedroom retirement apartments which are located close to local shops and amenities. Shirley has everything you need to get the most out of your retirement lifestyle with a barbers and hairdressers, a post office, a bank and building societies, an optician, a dentist all within 1 mile of the retirement apartments.
Why not visit us to view our show apartments and understand how you can enjoy the retirement you deserve at Bower Lodge.
Call us on 0121 403 6932 to find out more!
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Fitted kitchen with built in appliances
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped garden
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Secure camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
A vibrant village in the heart of Solihull
This new retirement development is located in the heart of Shirley in Solihull, just a few miles away from Birmingham City Centre.
- Shirley boasts an array of amenities including M&S Simply Food, less than a 2-minute walk away from this new development site, with a Tesco Superstore, Sainsburys and ASDA close by too.
- Together with the immediate area offering everything our Owners would need, right on their doorstep, including a barbers and hairdressers, a post office, a bank and building societies, an optician, a dentist, and a LloydsPharmacy supporting a doctor’s surgery located all less than 1 mile from our proposed development.
- There are a wide variety of local, traditional and contemporary cuisine including English fayre, German, Italian, as well as a local fish and chip restaurant.
- The local library is also conveniently located less than a 5-minute drive.
- There is a bus stop situated immediately outside the development site, which will offer our Owners a regular bus service to Solihull centre. The no’ 76 bus runs every 20 minutes to QE Hospital.
- The nearest train station is a 3-minute taxi ride away, connecting Shirley with Stratford-upon-Avon, Birmingham, The Black Country, and Worcester.
- Shirley Park is close to Stratford Road, offering a pleasant green space and features ornamental gardens, summer park events, tennis courts and free parking. And closer still, is St. James the Great Church offering a variety activities in the church hall including craft groups, pilates, and a weekly café.
- For those who enjoy the arts and theatre, the Core Theatre is located just 10 minutes away. This is situated behind the popular Touchwood Shopping Centre which houses a cinema, many brands including John Lewis, Marks & Spencer, Joules, and a variety of cafés and restaurants.
- The vibrant Mell Square in the heart of the town features outlets including Laura Ashley, Clarkes Shoes, Edinburgh Woollen Mill, Burton and Boots.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Bower Lodge
- Train Station
- Shirley Park
- Touchwood Shopping Centre
- Mell Square
- Doctors Surgery
- Post Office
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Apartment 26 – £276,950
A lovely one-bedroom apartment with its own west facing balcony on the second floor with the option to select a carpet of your choice for fitting, that could be yours sooner than you think!
We can help you Move for Free or why not ask about our Home Exchange package?
– Contact us to find out more!
Move for Free* or up to £14,000 Cashback* in conjunction with Home Exchange - The choice is yours
Many Owners have taken advantage of once of these fantastic offers which is why we are brining our 'Choices' promotion back! Pop in for a coffee and a chat and we can talk through your options and find out what's important to you!
More properties in West Midlands and nearby
Show Complex now open
LAST ONE REMAINING!
Low Maintenance LIfestyle