Retirement properties in Hitchin
Dovehouse Lodge is a collection of 53 one and two bedroom retirement apartments for sale in Hitchin. Nestled in a quiet, residential area these new homes offer a peaceful place to call home.
The development is in a fantastic location with all amenities close by including a Waitrose on the outskirts of town and also the bustling town centre which is focused around the market square and home to an array of independent and high street shops.
This development is selling fast! Get in touch with our team today to find out more about Dovehouse Lodge and reserve your perfect retirement apartment today.
All apartments at Churchill Retirement Living are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it.
There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come fully fitted with a waist-height oven, hob, hood and fridge/freezer. Most of our developments also have integral washer/dryers fitted in all apartments as standard.
The master bedrooms have walk-in wardrobes as well as TV and telephone points, with even the smallest details considered.
The apartments come with tiled shower rooms as standard, while some of them have separate en-suites and cloakrooms as well – all designed for ease of use and with the needs of our customers in mind.
All apartments are stringently inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they are handed over to the standard of finish and quality expected by our customers.
All of our Lodges benefit from a comprehensive 10-year Building Warranty Guarantee.
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Free parking
- Landscaped garden with seating areas
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Secure camera entry system
- Secure entrance from car park
- Two lifts to all floors
- Walk out balconies on selected apartments
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Life in Hitchin
This beautiful new development in Hitchin is in a fantastic, central location with all amenities close by. Voted as one of Britain’s best high streets, the bustling town centre of Hitchin offers a library, choice of supermarkets, a post office, coffee shops and an array of high street shops.
- Hitchin is a pretty market town in the north of Hertfordshire. Probably most well known for a certain purple plant, Hitchin is home to Hitchin Lavender, a farm that contains around 25 miles of lavender rows.
- Hitchin Lavender has a children’s play area and also grows sunflowers and wildflowers at the base. It’s the perfect location for enjoying a day out with the family to take in the scenery.
- St Mary’s Church is located in the heart of the town and featured in the Domesday Book. The font dates back to the 15th Century and the church is a popular focal point of the town.
- A market takes place every week on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and there’s also a craft and farmer’s market on the last Saturday of the month, so you can find everything you need.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Dovehouse Lodge
- Doctors Surgery
- Post Office
- Market Place
- Shopping Centre
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Celebrate the season with Churchill and enjoy Christmas drinks, refreshments and festive cheer. Bring along your friends and family and discover the Churchill lifestyle!
RSVP to book your place
Why not check your diary and come along to one of our many events
A beautiful second floor apartment priced at just £379,950 could be yours sooner than you think!
Pop in today and find out more about these beautiful new homes and see for yourself the lifestyle on offer!
A warm welcome awaits
Move for Free* or up to £19,000 Cashback* in conjunction with Home Exchange - The choice is yours
Many Owners have taken advantage of once of these fantastic offers which is why we are brining our 'Choices' promotion back! Pop in for a coffee and a chat and we can talk through your options and find out what's important to you!
More properties in Hertfordshire and nearby
Last One Remaining!
Last One Remaining!
Stunning rooftop terrace and wellbeing suite!
Excellent town centre location!
Prices from £350,000
Prices from £249,950
This popular development is now fully reserved
Last Chance to Buy – Final Two Remaining
Excellent Town Centre Location!
Prices from £399,950
Prices from £324,950
Peace of Mind With Security Built In
OVER 75% SOLD
Prices from £299,950
1 Bedroom Apartment from £324,950
2 Bedroom Apartment from £399,950