Retirement Apartments in Calne
If you’re looking to retire to a friendly historic market town, but with quick and easy transport links into Bath or Swindon, Calne could well be the place for you. Our retirement development in Calne will feature just 39 apartments, reflecting the town’s close-knit community feel. There will be a selection of one and two bedroom apartments and many will have balconies or patios overlooking the beautiful landscaped gardens. Homeowners will also have full use of the South facing Owner’s Lounge, a beautifully designed space with access to the patio.
Located in the heart of town this new development will offer contemporary living within a historic conservation area just a short walk from the local shops, amenities and leisure facilities.
Be one of the first to find out about this exciting new development by registering today for all the latest updates! Call now on 01425 462104!
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. All of our Lodges benefit from a comprehensive 10-year Building Warranty Guarantee.
- Fitted kitchen with built in appliances
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped garden
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from a 3 bed house to a 2 bed apartment could save approximately £1,300* per year.
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Based on ‘Sizing up the Situation’ report (Housing LIN, 2014) and Millstream Service Charge data.
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Millstream Management Services
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
The historic town of Calne
Calne is an historic market town on the River Marden located on the edge of the North Wessex Downs, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- This development is ideally located at the heart of this bustling town with close proximity to the Post Office, a supermarket, hairdressers, banks and coffee shops.
- Visit the heritage quarter and enjoy a selection of independent shops and cafes, the Heritage Centre and the outstanding Atwell Wilson Motor Museum.
- The recently restored Castlefields Canal and River Park provides some lovely walks and cycle paths alongside the canal and the river, with lovely views along the track to Black Dog Halt.
- You can also connect to the North Wiltshire Rivers Route which is part of the Sustrans National Cycle Network and which leads you all the way to Chippenham following the old Calne railway route.
- A market still runs every Friday in the New Market Place with stalls selling local fruit and vegetables, fresh fish and quality butchery. On the second Saturday of the month Calne Springs craft and produce markets are held in Phelps Parade and New Market Place.
- Just over two miles away is the the beautiful village of Cherhill which boasts the famous Cherhill White Horse and monument, and a bit further afield are Avebury stone circle and West Kennet Long Barrow.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Orchard Lodge
- Divine on the Green coffee shop
- The Old Bank House wine bar
- Doctor's surgery
- Castlefield and Castle Park
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Ahead of its official launch this autumn, Churchill Retirement Living’s new development in Calne has been named Orchard Lodge in a nod to the site’s ancient heritage.
More properties in Wiltshire and nearby
Book a visit today!
Beautiful riverside location
ONLY 3 REMAINING!
1 & 2 bedroom apartments
ONLY 2 REMAINING!
1 & 2 bedroom apartments
Last few remaining!
Awaiting Planning Permission