Retirement Apartments in Abingdon
Set in the heart of the historic market town of Abingdon-on-Thames, Albert Lodge is a development of 39 one and two bedroom retirement apartments with great access to the wonderful range of shops, eateries and historical points of interest that the town has to offer.
The Show Complex at Albert Lodge is now available to view, so don’t miss out – call today to book your appointment.
All apartments at Churchill Retirement Living are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it.
There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come fully fitted with a waist-height oven, hob, hood and fridge/freezer. Most of our developments also have integral washer/dryers fitted in all apartments as standard.
The master bedrooms have walk-in wardrobes as well as TV and telephone points, with even the smallest details considered.
The apartments come with tiled shower rooms as standard, while some of them have separate en-suites and cloakrooms as well – all designed for ease of use and with the needs of our customers in mind.
All apartments are stringently inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they are handed over to the standard of finish and quality expected by our customers.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Active and welcoming Gardening Club
- Beautiful and well maintained landscaped garden
- Brand new apartments with high quality decor
- Lodge Manager
- Secure camera entry system
- Short walk to a local pub and markets
- Very spacious and comfortable Owners’ Lounge
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from a 3 bed house to a 2 bed apartment could save approximately £1,300* per year.
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Based on ‘Sizing up the Situation’ report (Housing LIN, 2014) and Millstream Service Charge data.
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Millstream Management Services
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
An historic market town on the River Thames
Abingdon-on-Thames is an historic market town located a few miles outside Oxford. It is considered to be one of the oldest towns in England and has established itself as a bustling, pretty town; a simply perfect location for our new retirement homes. Abingdon-on-Thames has everything you could want and need.
- The shopping precinct offers all the local amenities you’ll need.
- Regular markets are held in the square throughout the year and the Local Excellence Market offering locally sourced produce, comes to town once every three months.
- There is plenty of history in Abingdon-on-Thames. The Abbey that once stood here has all but disappeared, but historic buildings associated with it still remain, including the Long Gallery and St Nicholas’ Church, both of which are open for visitors throughout the year.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Albert Lodge
- Doctors Surgery
- Post Office
- Market Place
- County Hall Museum
- Abbey Gardens
- Corner Shop
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Move for Free* and be in for Summer! This exclusive offer means we'll cover your moving costs - there's never been a better time to move to a Churchill Apartment. *T&Cs apply
People at Churchill Retirement Living’s Albert Lodge development in Abingdon came together last week to plant a tree in celebration of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
More properties in Oxfordshire and nearby
Show Complex Now Open!
Awaiting Planning Permission
Last few remaining!
ONLY 3 REMAINING!
One & two bedroom apartments
Show Complex Now Open!
Roof Terrace Lounge
Show Complex Now Open!
Low Maintenance Living