Retirement properties in Abingdon
Set in the heart of the historic market town of Abingdon-on-Thames, Albert Lodge is a development of 39 one and two bedroom retirement apartments with great access to the wonderful range of shops, eateries and historical points of interest that the town has to offer. Located on the banks of the River Thames and just six miles south of Oxford this location also offers green open spaces and beautiful riverside walks to explore, so you can enjoy your retirement to the full.
We have recently introduced our Experience Apartment, allowing you to sample the Churchill Retirement lifestyle in one of our beautiful apartments before you buy. During your stay you’ll have an opportunity to meet with the Lodge Manager and Owners already enjoying life at Albert Lodge.
This popular development is now 70% SOLD, so don’t miss out – call today or pop in anytime – no appointment needed!!
All apartments at Churchill Retirement Living are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it.
There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come fully fitted with a waist-height oven, hob, hood and fridge/freezer. Most of our developments also have integral washer/dryers fitted in all apartments as standard.
The master bedrooms have walk-in wardrobes as well as TV and telephone points, with even the smallest details considered.
The apartments come with tiled shower rooms as standard, while some of them have separate en-suites and cloakrooms as well – all designed for ease of use and with the needs of our customers in mind.
All apartments are stringently inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they are handed over to the standard of finish and quality expected by our customers.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Beautiful and well maintained landscaped garden
- Brand new apartments with high quality decor
- Focal pergola and patio area in the garden
- Lodge Manager
- Secure camera entry system
- Short walk to a local pub and markets
- Very spacious and comfortable Owners’ Lounge
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
An historic market town on the River Thames
Abingdon-on-Thames is an historic market town located a few miles outside Oxford. It is considered to be one of the oldest towns in England and has established itself as a bustling, pretty town; a simply perfect location for our new retirement homes. Abingdon-on-Thames has everything you could want and need.
- The shopping precinct offers all the local amenities you’ll need.
- Regular markets are held in the square throughout the year and the Local Excellence Market offering locally sourced produce, comes to town once every three months.
- There is plenty of history in Abingdon-on-Thames. The Abbey that once stood here has all but disappeared, but historic buildings associated with it still remain, including the Long Gallery and St Nicholas’ Church, both of which are open for visitors throughout the year.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Albert Lodge
- Doctors Surgery
- Post Office
- Market Place
- County Hall Museum
- Abbey Gardens
- Corner Shop
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Come along to Albert Lodge and join us in our wonderful Owners’ Lounge for some Christmas Carols, Mince Pies, and Mulled Wine.
RSVP to book your place
Move for Free* or up to £15,000 Cashback* in conjunction with Home Exchange - The choice is yours
Many Owners have taken advantage of once of these fantastic offers which is why we are brining our 'Choices' promotion back! Pop in for a coffee and a chat and we can talk through your options and find out what's important to you! *T&C's apply
Having previously spent 30 years as the owners of a Bed & Breakfast establishment, Ray and his wife Jenny recently downsized from Cowley in Oxford to a one-bedroom Churchill apartment in the historic town of Abingdon.
More properties in Oxfordshire and nearby
Low Maintenance Lifestyle
Join one of our Information Sessions
Excellent Town Centre Location!
Excellent Town Centre Location!
Stunning rooftop terrace and wellbeing suite!
Seasonal Savings – don’t miss out!
Final Apartment Available – Don’t Miss Out
Excellent town centre location!
Over 50% SOLD!
Prices from £299,950